Tuesday 20 July 2010

Procrastination




I have a brightly coloured post-it note attached to my computer and it says "Never mistake motion for action" however, even though it is right in front of me, unless I am very disciplined, that is exactly what I do. I can find whole days just disappear before my eyes and I haven't even begun to do what is on my list but I have been really busy doing ...... nothing that is remotely important. Am I the only one?

So what I do now is, before I go to sleep, I decide what I really must achieve the next day, and I am very realistic about this, there is no point in overloading myself, and then the next morning, I go straight into my home office and get going, without even going downstairs and making a cup of tea. Because I use that 'cup of tea' as my treat, once I have got going and done about 30 minutes work towards what I must really achieve that day, I reward myself with a cup of tea. Once I have got going, I find that I can keep going, especially when I start to see results. Try it, it might work for you too.

But if you feel you need support with this, please get in touch with me at Nicholl Consultancy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.